The truth is, there will always be new “ins” and “outs” of social media marketing. The latest and greatest sales funnels, plans, platforms, and more. So what’s a small business owner to do? My advice is to stick to the basics and then get help when you need it.
What is social media marketing?
It seems pretty simple. But business owners often misunderstand the ins and outs, and because of that, don’t get good results.
Social media marketing is just what it says. It’s social. Social means it’s designed for people to meet each other for pleasure and enjoyment. Social means getting to know each other. And when it comes to digital marketing in the 21st century, it also means letting prospects know who you are and engaging with them in a way that’s real.
Social media marketing is marketing done digitally with the use of a variety of apps, platforms, and tools. Knowing the best apps and tools to use, combined with knowing which platforms will work best for you, is critical to your success.
The basic ins and outs
There are 5 basic steps you need to take for success with your social media marketing. They are:
- Define your goals
- Understand your audience
- Plan your content
- Choose your channels
- Measure your results
To get more information about these basics you can visit this blog.
Once you’ve established the basics, you’re ready for the added tactics that will increase your success. They include:
- Scheduling tools – like Buffer or HootSuite
- Facebook and/or Instagram ads
- Content sources
- Graphics tools
- Facebook Live
- And more…
To use these tools you’ll need to be a bit “techy” and to have time to learn them. If you aren’t “techy” and you don’t want to learn social media, then it’s time to call in a pro. Hey, I’ve got an idea! How about a chat with me? I’m happy to talk with you. Just schedule a time most convenient for you here.
- Content Marketing for Your Business - September 5, 2018
- Business Blog: 5 Reasons You Need One - August 23, 2018
- 3 Ways to Strengthen Your Website - August 20, 2018
- Updates to Facebook News Feed Change - February 2, 2018
- SEO Myths & Must-Haves - December 4, 2017
- How to Promote Your Blog - December 4, 2017
- 5 Social Media Marketing Tips - December 1, 2017
- The Ins and Outs of Social Media Marketing - October 26, 2017
- How to Create Your Brand Story - October 5, 2017