What’s Content Marketing?
Content marketing is a tool used by businesses to attract customers to their brand. It’s giving something of value to them that makes their life easier or better in some way. Whether it’s strictly information they need, inspirational words or images, humorous stories or “how-to” details, it’s focused on their needs and it’s free. It helps you build your brand. It creates credibility and trust. But it’s not copywriting.
Copywriting is designed to get the customer to do something. In general, it uses persuasive words, attractive discounts, and other methods to get the customer to purchase a product or service.
How to Create Perfect Content Marketing
There are five things you need to do to make your content marketing successful.
- Keep the focus on your customer.
Now is not the time to bore them to death with your sales pitch, the benefits of your product and all the reasons they should choose you. The key is to know your customer and truly understand what they want…and give it to them in the right way, at the right time for free.
- Make sure you’re using good SEO techniques.
Use powerful keywords—especially long tail keywords—very discretely in your content. Google will rank informational and content-rich material higher than any type of copywriting or sales material.
- Make sure your content is easily shareable.
Structure it so it’s as quick and easy as possible for the customer to let their friends online see what they’ve found. People rarely share sales pages, so keep it fun, informational, inspirational and engaging.
- Remember to keep a theme in your content that eventually leads to your product or service.
Share something that makes sense in relation to what you offer. For example, if you’re a commercial photographer it wouldn’t make sense to post a healthy muffin recipe. Someone might enjoy the recipe but it’s unlikely to make them think of you for their commercial photography needs. The content still needs to support the overall marketing strategy of your business.
- Don’t spam or bore your customers.
Sending out Facebook posts 5 times a day is usually too much for most customers. And so is sending out the exact same type of content every time. Mix it up and see what kind of response you get. Try quotes, videos, peeks behind-the-scene, an inspiring story or just something to make them laugh. You want your content to be memorable—just not for the wrong reasons!
Need to beef up your content marketing? I’m here to help! Just email me at Sherree@PEEPSocialMedia.com or schedule a call with me.
- Content Marketing for Your Business - September 5, 2018
- Business Blog: 5 Reasons You Need One - August 23, 2018
- 3 Ways to Strengthen Your Website - August 20, 2018
- Updates to Facebook News Feed Change - February 2, 2018
- SEO Myths & Must-Haves - December 4, 2017
- How to Promote Your Blog - December 4, 2017
- 5 Social Media Marketing Tips - December 1, 2017
- The Ins and Outs of Social Media Marketing - October 26, 2017
- How to Create Your Brand Story - October 5, 2017